EssayLab.org is an online writing service that markets writing products and editing services for academic and business purposes. It is unclear as to how long the service has been in business, but we have been able to find off-site EssayLab customer reviews going back two years. It is the purpose of this report to provide a summary of the company, and to assess the quality of its products and reliability of its services. Our goal is that consumers will have a clear picture of every writing service site that we investigate, so that they may select a service wisely. To produce this Essay Lab review, we have looked at several sources – the company website, testimonials published on that site, the types of products and services offered, the pricing and discount plans, customer reviews and comments published in other places on the web, and the quality of a research paper we ordered and received. The following are the categories of evaluation we use for all writing service reviews we conduct.
Products and Services
Essay Lab offers both academic and business writing products, as well as editing services. In the academic arena, a full array of products is provided, from high school essays and papers to Ph.D. dissertation writing. Students may order from a large drop down menu of products which covers virtually any assignment or project that could be assigned by a teacher or professor. In addition, college and graduate school admissions essays are offered. In the business arena, the company provides a large menu of products from business plans to copywriting, to resumes and CV’s.
This category includes published policies and procedures, level of customer service, quality of text on the site, protection of personal and financial information, the meeting of customer deadlines, and the overall transparency of procedures and processes. The following points are made:
- We were unable to locate any written policies on the site. This is a cause for some concern, because the company is not obligated to fulfill its obligations.
- There is indication of a third-party payment processor, and this is a good standard practice
- EssayLab.org testimonials found on-site are very favorable in terms of these factors; however, we put less weight into these than we do comments and feedback published elsewhere.
- Another concern we have is that the quality of English grammar on the site content reflects a number of errors and has clearly been written by a non-native English writer. This raises issues regarding the English skills of the writers.
- We could not find any evidence of an Essay Lab BBB membership.
Writing Quality/Writer Expertise
Product quality is a direct result of the level of expertise of the writers used by a writing service. To assess quality, we looked at other pages on the site, such as its blog, the writing quality of footer pages, the reviews and comments of customers, and the quality of the 8-page research paper we ordered. The following is a summary of our findings:
- Customers received their ordered products on time
- Customers were able to contact their writers directly
- Customers were able to request and receive revisions
- Concerns about writing quality were expressed by several customers, who believed that their products were not produced by American or UK writers.
- The paper we received also had some grammar and composition errors, indicative of a non-native English writer.
In general, despite concerns for quality, we can say that EssayLab.org is not a fraud or a scam.
Pricing and Discounts
Essay Lab prices are rather high in comparison with other comparable writing services. Add to that the fact that we were unable to find any type of EssayLab discounts, even for first-time customer, and the prices are even higher in comparison. Pricing begins at $16.50/page for high school essays and graduates to $44.50/page for Ph.D. level work. Business writing begins at $25/page and editing at $10/page. Without EssayLab.org coupon codes that are usually offered on other sites, these prices are quite high. We scoured the website and the order form looking for at least some type of EssayLab.org promo code, but none exists. The paper we ordered was a college level research paper of 8 pages with a 7-day delivery request. The price for this product was $227.20.
Essay Lab offers free title, table of content, outline and bibliography pages, and ours were free. It also provides a free plagiarism report upon request. Revisions are free; however, are not certain for how long a period because there is no written policy.